Wednesday, June 4, 2008

York-Durham Heritage Railway

For more than a decade the York-Durham Heritage Rail Association has operated a nostalgic rail service between Uxbridge and Stouffville, a picturesque journey of about 20 kilometres. Simply pirchase your ticket at the station I posted about yesterday.
Here’s a peak inside the engine. Looks complicated to me so it’s a good thing I’m not the engineer!
Hey, here’s plenty of room for baggage. I peaked side and the baggage car is empty. Everyone is travelling light today.
OK. All Aboard!
And last but not least, a close up of the sign on the side of the passenger car. Hope you enjoy your trip!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A nice look at the train. Appreciated.

Tom said...

I have had a great time catching up with all your posts, sorry I have not been around but the PC is up and running now and hopefully I can get back to normal..
I grew up next to train lines so I enjoyed this post and the one below. That station is a beauty.

Small City Scenes said...

Choo choooo!! I want to come up and go for a ride. Perfect. MB

dot said...

I love your train pictures and especially the door sign.
We took the grandkids on a train ride like this and it was such fun.

Rose said...

Even though I have never lived much more than a stone's throw from railroad tracks at any time in my life, I have never ridden on a real train...I wonder just what I have missed. Maybe one of these days my husband and I will get the chance to take a ride on one...

Friends who encourage me

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.